Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A Quick Tire Update...

Well, things are flying out at the house now as we are down to just a few more days (to be honest we aren't close to ready, but everything will happen anyways), so I just have time for a few words. I thought I would give you all an update on the tractor tires since you had so many good suggestions.

After writing the post about my tire problems I realized that I had a hole in the tube and while one of the tires could serve us alright the other was a cracking tearing mess. So, since I new the tube needed to be replaced I decided I might as well just do the tires at the same time and be done with it for a long time.

That is what I decided to do today and the local tire guy came out to the farm to switch them up for me. Just one problem arose ... at some point these tires had fluid in them (as many often did) and as usually happens the fluid causes rust around the valve stem when it leaks out. Well that rust led to a major hole in one of the rims so the tire guy ended up just taking both of the outer rims to the shop for repair. Hopefully I'll have tires tomorrow ... but the tractor story doesn't end there...

**No picture yet today ... I took one of the tractor without it's shoes, but I haven't had the time to load it yet. I'll get it up as soon as possible.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...