- Mortgages can be killer and be something that holds you back from farming full-time.
- There are a lot of expenses that are variable depending on your family situation. For example in our family health insurance is a huge expense ... bigger than the mortgage!
- How much capital do you have to spend and live off of until the farm starts making money. You know the old adage ... you gotta spend money to make money.
- And on, and on, and on!
Links Mentioned in This Episode ...
- Pigs Raised by Paul Willis for Niman Ranch (one of the Niman Ranch founders)
- TBF Episode 37 :: Alternative Feed For Pigs
- TBF Episode 23 :: Beginning Farmer Equipment List
- Joel Salatin on making $60,000 on 20 rented acres for pigs
- Watch the documentary "American Meat" for free this week only!
As always, I want to thank you so much for listening and supporting the show with your encouragement and reviews on iTunes! I am continually working to produce a better show, and I'm thankful for all of the listeners sticking with me as I learn. If you do enjoy the show, don't forget that you can subscribe on iTunes and leave a five start rating and review (by clicking the link or the image on the right). If you are an Android phone user you can also subscribe on the free Stitcher App. It is so very encouraging to know that people are listening and enjoying the show!
I would love to hear your questions, show ideas, or comments about the show. Feel free to shoot me an e-mail! As always you can follow along with The Beginning Farmer and Crooked Gap Farm by checking out these links ...
TBF Show 039 :: Play in a New Window | Right Click to Download
**Special Note :: A few users are experiencing issues downloading the show on iTunes. If you have any experience with podcasts and how they can play nicely with iTunes I would love some suggestions.**
(if you are interested in the music in this episode check out my brother's record label, Historic Records)