That is why the e-mail I received from Claudia about organic and alternative feeds for pigs caused me to think about so many different things. Questions like these have been running through my head all week ...
- How can I switch over to organic feed and keep my costs down?
- What plants should I be planting in my pig paddocks?
- Is non-GMO most important for me now ... or organic ... or a certain price point and doing the best that I can with the feed?
- Should organic feeds cost as much as they do?
- Why am I so confused!?!
- Feeding Trial: Succotash Swine from Practical Farmers of Iowa
- Alfalfa as a Feed Supplement for Finishing Hogs from Practical Farmers of Iowa
- Barley Versus Corn Based Hog Rations from Practical Farmers of Iowa
- Barley-Based Hog Ration vs. a Corn Based Ration from Practical Farmers of Iowa
- The Natural Farmer "Hog Production Alternatives"
- Alternative Feed Ingredients for Swine Rations
- Designing Feeding Programs for Natural and Organic Pork Production
- Small Scale Pastured Hog Production from GrassWorks
As always, I want to thank you so much for listening and supporting the show with your encouragement and reviews on iTunes! I am continually working to produce a better show, and I'm thankful for all of the listeners sticking with me as I learn. If you do enjoy the show, don't forget that you can subscribe on iTunes and leave a five start rating and review (by clicking the link or the image on the right). If you are an Android phone user you can also subscribe on the free Stitcher App. It is so very encouraging to know that people are listening and enjoying the show!
**Special Note :: A few users are experiencing issues downloading the show on iTunes. If you have any experience with podcasts and how they can play nicely with iTunes I would love some suggestions.**