It really is a fairly new publication, only debuting in June of 2007, but I think the have done a wonderful job putting it together. Plus the subject matter is right up my alley and I love the fact that they do a really good job of going straight to the source when it comes to their surveys, articles, and more. Another great thing about this magazine is I believe it can help direct-to-consumer farmers all over the country share ideas and things that are working for them. Every other business sector has a "journal", so why not the small-scale direct marketing farmers.
You, can check out their website linked above for more information ... but, here is a sampling of what is in the issue I received.
- An article about mobile food sales and deliveries.
- A neat little piece about a blueberry association that's members work together in marketing and more (really cool idea ... any ADCA members want to jump on this)
- Tips on buying a used tractor online (I could have used this earlier ... although I'm pleased with ours).
- An article about pricing strategies at farmers' markets.
- And of course there is a whole lot more that I didn't mention.