Friday, May 22, 2009

Take it From Me: Lessons Learned 5

Never give up. Plain and simple one of the biggest lessons that I have learned and it is one that I always desire to pass on to everyone that I meet (especially my children and all the students I work with). Over the course of building the farm (which still is not complete, nor will it ever be) there have been many times when I felt like it might be time to give it up. When we have faced set backs, blocks in the road, or when it just plain felt like it would never happen there have been twinges of doubt that would creep into my mind.

I understand that there may come times when the best result is to step back and reevaluate, but that does not mean giving up. That may just mean that we need to make changes for a time or recognize that our passions aren't matching up with our farm, but it does not mean we just throw up our hands and throw in the towel.

Farming (as much as I have learned) is a process of ups, downs, and not many "normal" days. There are times when that sort of life can bring a person down or at least make them think that things just aren't working out. I have tried to learn from of the downs and apply them to our farm! But, know this ... I'm not giving up!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...