- Today is our seventh wedding anniversary! It has been an awesome seven years and I'm looking forward to many more. Without the love and commitment from my wife our dream would not even be possible. I love you Becca...
- It is the 9th of June and we have already had 5 inches of rain for the month. And think, we are the dry ones compared to parts that have had 10 or more.
- The farm is wet, wet, wet! And since it is wet, wet, wet ... not much has happened building wise. But, we are looking to get our temporary power in soon and our rural wanter line onto the property this week or next (depending on their schedule).
- The farm is now a used machinery home. We have the tractor, the haybine, the rack, my uncle's plow, and the latest addition ... our green (faded) barge box.
- Pending our pick up (once our temporary fencing is in place) we now have a Hampshire sow, a Tamworth boar (pretty excited about that), and their 5 week old offspring. We will have halves or wholes of pasture raised pork for sale fallish or so!
- Because of the above point we are going to put up a hog panel fence around our garden area (see point below). Hog huts and feeders are on the way once we go and get them.
- I plowed the garden are on what most resembled a dry day. It was sod ... it was wet ... my tires are old ... it isn't pretty ... it is now something like a lake ... but, it is somewhat done. The pigs will help a lot and then a tiller will finish it off. We hope to get some stuff in it for at least fall crops.
the picture above is from this weekend ... that is the afters