So, in honor of the 500th post I have decided to give a book away. I know that the people who read and comment on this blog are all over the place in terms of being farmers, wanting to be farmers, and there are even some consumers that just want to be me informed about the food they eat. With that in mind I'm doing a giveaway with a choice ... a choice of which book you would like to receive (I should also disclose that it will probably be a used book, but still in good shape).
What you will need to do is comment on this post (if you receive this through a feed you will need to click over to the blog) and tell me which book you would like if you win. Then on Wednesday morning around 8:00 AM I will use a random number generator to come up with the winner from the comment list.
Here are your choices (take the link to read about the book):
- All Flesh is Grass by Gene Logsdon
- The Contrary Farmer by Gene Logsdon
- You Can Farm by Joel Salatin
- Small-Scale Livestock Farming by Carol Ekarius
- Dirt Hog by Kelly Klober
- Harris on the Pig by Joseph Harris
- Making Your Small Farm Profitable by Ron Macher
- Grass-Fed Cattle by Julius Ruechel
- The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan
- Small-Scale Pig Raising by Dirk van Loon
- A Bountiful Harvest (Pete Wettach farm photos)