Friday, February 18, 2011

A Friendly Reminder ...

Sometimes I just need to give myself friendly little reminders. Today's reminder has to do with the image above ... yesterday it touched the lower 70's on the farm and it was just wonderful. All the snow is gone up around the house and the buildings and I would say that the ground was even beginning to dry up and the puddles were disappearing. But, as you can see above the weather is about to change a bit and I think I'm going to be reminded that it's still February (although I'm never going to get upset about temps in the 30's as long as everything keeps drying).

Even though there hasn't been as much snow as last year I feel like this has been a long winer and I'm ready to move on and start getting projects done on the farm instead of just keeping up with things. It's not that I think I will have much more time when the weather gets warmer, but that the sun will stay out to play longer so that I will be more efficient with the time that I have.

Like I say ... sometimes I need a friendly little reminder on the farm. Today I need to be reminded that spring is not here yet (but it's coming) and that today's mud will eventually turn into summer's green grass. That will happen right ...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...