- "Ahh, my boots are stuck in the clay/mud/goop!"
- "I am ready to be done with the wood posts and move on to the rest of the fence."
- "There is no way I could have every got this done without the help of you (talking to Gary Duncan of PowerFlex)."
- "I cannot believe how light weight these posts are."
- "There is no way I could pull one of these out of the ground."
- "I've put a few different kinds of posts up on this farm in the past year, but by far I like putting this one in the best (in reference to the PowerFlex posts)."
- "Check this out, I'm carrying the post driver and five posts with no problem. No way I could do that with steel posts."
- "You know, I think even I can figure out how to do this (in reference to putting up the fence myself)."
- "That is so cool, but I can't do it (me talking about how Mr. Duncan breaks off the wire with a clean break)."
Another thing that I found really exciting is how easy it is to attach the wire to the posts. We made a guide to place the holes at the correct spacing on the posts and then just used a cordless drill and a 7/32's bit to drill through in no time. Now we have one section of fence along the road completely done. I can't tell you how great that is and how amazing it looks!
Today we are back at it again and I think we will finish up the rest of the fence along the road. After that I will move onto the three-wire fence along the inside of the trees. I have set that up with a couple of gate openings so that I can get back there with a tractor to cut wood and also so we can flash graze the cattle in the woods and along the edges. Make sure you check back tomorrow to see what we get done!
Also, if you are in the area today, feel free to drop on by to see the process and talk to Mr. Duncan.