Wednesday, December 04, 2013

TBF 040 :: 8 Great Online Resources for Farmers, Hoop Building Progress, and a Hard Lesson Learned


I talk a lot on the show about the importance of getting out there and learning from other farmers because there is so much knowledge to be gained from those real life experiences. But, there are times when your life just dictates that you can't get out there and do some on farm training. That was my case when I began this farming journey and I scoured the internet looking for resources that would help me along the way. The great thing about a lot of the links and resources I found was that it came from famers who were doing great on-farm research through comparing systems, feeds, structures, and so much more. I found links to videos, research bulletins, articles, spreadsheets, and so much more that gave me some of the information that was useful to a beginning/dreaming farmer. On today's episode I share "8 Great Online Resources for Farmers (Beginning or Experienced)"

Links Mentioned in This Episode ...
What are your favorite online resources for farmers? Comment below or send us an e-mail.

The Beginning Farmer ShowAs always, I want to thank you so much for listening and supporting the show with your encouragement and reviews on iTunes! I am continually working to produce a better show, and I'm thankful for all of the listeners sticking with me as I learn. If you do enjoy the show, don't forget that you can subscribe on iTunes and leave a five start rating and review (by clicking the link or the image on the right). If you are an Android phone user you can also subscribe on the free Stitcher App. It is so very encouraging to know that people are listening and enjoying the show!

I would love to hear your questions, show ideas, or comments about the show. Feel free to shoot me an e-mail! As always you can follow along with The Beginning Farmer and Crooked Gap Farm by checking out these links ... 

**Special Note :: A few users are experiencing issues downloading the show on iTunes. If you have any experience with podcasts and how they can play nicely with iTunes I would love some suggestions.**


(if you are interested in the music in this episode check out my brother's record label, Historic Records) 

1 comment:

Kelly Breitenwischer said...

Ethan,
I have just discovered your podcasts & and listen to several a day. Listened to this one at work today & heard you mention a video that you watched. I can't remember the name of it. It was a model for making $60K a year raising pigs. Would love to take a look at it & see what he has to say. Can you recall the name of the person who recorded it? Thanks, Kelly B

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...