Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Time For a New Boot

On September, 26th 2006 (wow ... almost exactly 6 years ago???) I wrote my second ever blog post. It is probably obvious from the post that I was pretty proud of the fact that I was able to wear out a pair of boots (even though it took about 10 years) ... it is also obvious that I didn't have a lot to write about! In case you are wondering I ended up trying a pair of Georgia Boots (they didn't workout) and ended up with a pair of Wolverine Boots (they were great). Now I've moved on to Red Wing Boots because I was able to get a great discount when I was working at the farm store.

But, just yesterday I purchased new boots ... errr ... a new boot. As you can see in the picture this is probably the most expensive boot I've ever purchased, but I'm very thankful to have a "boot" again on my right foot. I even get to wear a sock!!!

Honestly though, even though it is very very very painful to walk I am walking again and hopefully I can get to farming again. I realize not everyone has known about my wonderful achilles tendon tear, but I'm thankful for all that have been supporting through help and prayers. I still have a long ways to go and it's not like I can do much, but at least this is a literal "step in the right direction".

4 comments:

ellie k said...

We have some wonderful doctors in this age, God has blessed these people with great knowledge and I just praise Him every day for allowing us these great strides in medical care. Glad you can wear the boot and farm again.

Anonymous said...

Your new boot is very stylish, though it doesn't look very waterproof, lol. Seriously, don't rush your recuperation period - I've known two people with this injury and it took both of them one was a P.E. teacher) at least a year, maybe more. Frustrating when there's so much to be done, but if you damage it again...man, you don't want to think about it.

Ethan Book said...

At least a year ... that's what I keep hearing from everybody and boy is it depressing :( At least the boot is moving in the right direction ...

Rich said...

I've been hurt in the past (broken collar bone in a car accident, in a walking cast because I messed up my ankle, 50 stitches in my knee when I tried to walk through a glass patio door, etc.), but I've never been through any actual physical therapy.

People always tell you it will take forever to fully recover (and it will if you let it), but if you do everything the physical therapist tells you to do without complaining, and then add that extra little bit of effort, you'll be back to 100% quicker than you think.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...