Thursday, September 06, 2007

A Farmer Hits the End ... For Now

Nope, not me! I can't hit the end yet because I haven't even started yet, but I didn't come across an intersting article over at the New Farm website. New Farm is a farmer-to-farmer website from the Rodale Institute and features some interesting articles and a sparsely used forum. I check it every once-in-a-while just to see if they have any new articles on the front page.

A few weeks I came across an article entitled: "The end of farming for me, for now". (Click on the article title to read the entire thing) Basicall this guy started out with goal and a vision to farm full-time and he headed out to do it. In the article he lists four major problems he had and does a little explaining of his downfall. It really is a great read and has given me a wonderful perspective of the things I could be facing if I reach for this vision. So, just check out the article and leave any thoughts if you have any.

1 comment:

Krystle said...

I really enjoyed this article, too. I was especially impressed with this statement, and the realism he captured in it:

"Your first goal in business has to be to make a profit so you can later work toward your idealistic goals, or you will soon be out of business—and never get to the idealistic goals. I am an example of this."

It reinforced my commitment to making a living first, making a difference second. One has to come before the other, or else neither gets done!

Best,

Krystle
http://www.SelfmadeFarmer.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...