The winter has been difficult. I thought last winter was difficult and that the second one would be much better ... I was wrong. The winter has been difficult ... that is all I really feel like saying. But, what am I supposed to do about it? How is anything I do going to change the weather? So, I guess I just grin and bear it ... or at least bear it (not so sure about the grin).
Here are some of my thoughts on winter:
- Big snowflakes, even after 50 plus inches of snow for the season, are still beautiful on a Sunday morning. I may not like the fact that they are adding to the snow total, but I can't deny their beauty.
- Seeing your breath on a cool and crisp snow covered morning is invigorating ... even if it feels like the cool crisp mornings will never change over to warm summer mornings.
- A warm fire in the house keeping everything nice and comfortable is a good feeling ... almost a feeling of independence.
- I like cutting firewood ... in the snow ... in the silence ... alone.
- I cannot control the winter (or much else for that matter) ... and everything is probably much more beautiful because I can't control it.
- Frost covered trees and fence and all ... that is pretty incredible.
- Winter will end and then spring ... followed by summer ... followed by fall ... repeat all. That I can be sure of and then I can do the best in each of those.