This past week has been a bit overwhelming on the farm and in our world of farm business planning. When things get that way it is always nice to do something a little more lighthearted and fun, which is exactly why I have put together my Second Annual Beginning Farmer Christmas List! Farmers can be hard to shop for because usually if there is something they need it is needed at that moment and can't wait for the nearest birthday or holiday, but it is still nice to have something for them to open up if you have a farmer or future farmer on your shopping list. On today's episode (and listed below) you'll find ten things that I think make great gifts because I use them on my farm, or they are so awesome that I actually have them on my wish list. There are things for reading, things for working, things for making that work easier, and of course even a bonus item that will help you clean up at the end of the day ...
The Beginning Farmer & Future Farmer Christmas List
- Carhartt Double Front Logger Jeans
- GreenBest Expandable Garden Hose
- Chainsaw Helmet System
- The Unsettling of America by Wendell Berry
- Gaining Ground by Forrest Pritchard
- Kinco Pigskin Leather Gloves and the Six Pack of Gloves
- Fence Staple Driver and the Fancy Fence Staple Driver
- Acres USA Subscription
- Cordless Impact Wrench
- Knipex High Leverage Combination Pliers
- FarmCrafted Soap made by The Beginning Farmer's Wife
Check out The Beginning Farmer Show on Facebook!
Links Mentioned in This Episode:
- Interview with Phil Kramer Part One and Part Two
- Growing Farms Podcast interview with Forrest Pritchard
If you do enjoy the show, don't forget that you can subscribe on iTunes and leave a five star rating and review (by clicking the link). If you are an Android phone user you can also subscribe on the free Stitcher App. It is so very encouraging to know that people are listening and enjoying the show!
I would love to hear your questions, show ideas, or comments about the show. Feel free to shoot me an e-mail! As always you can follow along with "The Beginning Farmer" and Crooked Gap Farm by checking out these links ...