- Land :: What can the farming land you have access to support?
- Money :: Some ventures take much more capital than others, so which ones will fit into your budget the best?
- Market :: Knowing what is being done in your area and what isn't will be very important to you as you build your farm.
- Niches :: What can you do to create a specific niche in your area that sets you apart from other farms that may be your "competition"?
- Passions :: Are you not a big meat eater? Then raising hogs might not be the thing for you! What are you passionate about and what do you love learning and talking about because that will be important when it comes to telling your farm story!
- Growing Farms Podcast Episode 54 - John shares some of his thoughts on the article.
- Permaculture Voices Podcast Episode 65 - Diego shares his thoughts on the article and why he believes the solutions are going about it in the wrong way.
- Let Your Children Grow Up to Be Farmers - A response article from Jenna Woginrich.
- Letters to the Editor regarding the original article - The best response is from Joel Salatin, and it is the first one you'll see.
As always, I want to thank you so much for listening and supporting the show with your encouragement and reviews on iTunes! I am continually working to produce a better show, and I'm thankful for all of the listeners sticking with me as I learn.
If you do enjoy the show, don't forget that you can subscribe on iTunes and leave a five star rating and review (by clicking the link). If you are an Android phone user you can also subscribe on the free Stitcher App. It is so very encouraging to know that people are listening and enjoying the show! I would love to hear your questions, show ideas, or comments about the show.
Feel free to shoot me an e-mail! As always you can follow along with "The Beginning Farmer" and Crooked Gap Farm by checking out these links ...