Sunday, December 19, 2010

Different Day :: Same Story

Saturday and Sunday were both very similar days. Both days included work at my town job (Saturday at NAPA and Sunday at church), and both days included trips down the road to pick up straw and unloading hay at the farm. The good news is that I now have 47 more bales of hay sitting out in front of the winter lot and that makes me very much relieved! Also, in between unloading the hay I was able to make three trips to bring back the large round bales of straw ... only 5 more to go! I have a sneaky suspicion that I'll have more straw than I need, but I'm not going to complain about that because I'm sure I'll find a use for it. It wasn't all perfect though ... I seem to be having some battery issues with the tractor. Meaning ... the battery died while the tractor was running ... which kind of was no fun! I'll have to look into it ...

All my time on the tractor and doing chores outside did give me plenty of time to think, and today I thought about trucks. Just in my 1.5 mile trips back and forth to get the straw I saw a lot of pick-up trucks sitting in driveways and along the road (deer season). I've decided that I live in some sort of epi-center of trucks. The farmers have them, high school kids have them, and even guys in town that use the truck bed of their truck twice a year have them! I ... I have no truck, but that doesn't mean I'm not trying to find one!

With all the trucks around here you'd think I would be able to get my hands on one that meets all my requirements, but alas I've had no luck. I have an app on my phone that alerts me anytime a 3/4 ton truck is posted on Craigslist in the area (the good ones are always a long ways away) and I check the classifieds for the area all the time. But, I'm just not able to find the right one. I guess I'll just have to be patient ... and wait ... for the right truck ;) But, patience isn't always one of my strong points.

2 comments:

Yeoman said...

If you think that's the epicenter of trucks, you ought to see here. Trucks are the vehicle of choice for darned near everyone here.

Indeed, last summer I had to drive to a legal proceeding that was almost all the way over to the South Dakota line. I stopped at a rest stop, and heard a woman speaking to her husband, as they approached their S. Dak licensed vehicle, declare "you're right. . . they do all drive trucks here."

Steven Romero said...

I was fortunate enough to find a nice F250 about 3 weeks ago, and the price was right.

If you get a diesel make sure that you check for fuel leaks because the ULSD is not compatible with the old seals and o-rings around the fuel pump thus causing leaks as they deteriorate.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...