Farm Crawl behind us for this year we are very excited to announce our new farm event coming up on Saturday, November 2nd 2013 called "Crooked Gap Farm :: How Do They Do That?" Hosting an event like this is something that we have wanted to do for a long time, but no we finally feel that we are at a place in our farming lives that we have some great information to share and a lot to talk about on our farm. If you have ever wanted an in-depth tour of the farm, the chance to ask detailed questions about our farm enterprises, or wanted to see up close how various things on the farm work then this is the perfect event for you. This event will give you a "peek behind the curtain" at Crooked Gap Farm and we will take time to answer as many of your questions as we can to the best of our abilities. Check out all of the details below ...
Cost :: $65 ages 13 and up ... $20 ages 4-12 ... age 3 and under Free
What Will the Day Look Like?
- 9:00 Am until Noon -- Intensive farm tour of each of our enterprises
- Noon until 1:00 PM -- A Crooked Gap Farm lunch featuring our woodlot raised Hereford pork
- 1:00 PM until 3:00 PM -- A frank discussion of beginning a farm from scratch and balancing your family, that job in town, and of course your farm dreams
- 3:00 PM until 4:00 PM -- A look into Ethan's toolbox ... what books, articles, resources, people, websites, and more does he utilize in this farming journey
- 4:00 PM until 6:00 PM -- Your chance to ask that question that you've been dying to ask, or we can even head back out to the pastures and take a little closer look at certain things
- 6:00 PM to until we're done -- A Crooked Gap Farm Supper and lots of connecting and discussion around the tables
If you have an input on the topic be sure to leave a comment below or send us an e-mail.
As always, I want to thank you so much for listening and supporting the show with your encouragement and reviews on iTunes! I am continually working to produce a better show, and I'm thankful for all of the listeners sticking with me as I learn. If you do enjoy the show, don't forget that you can subscribe on iTunes and leave a five start rating and review (by clicking the link or the image on the right). If you are an Android phone user you can also subscribe on the free Stitcher App. It is so very encouraging to know that people are listening and enjoying the show!
**Special Note :: A few users are experiencing issues downloading the show on iTunes. If you have any experience with podcasts and how they can play nicely with iTunes I would love some suggestions.**