Small-Scale :: More Labor
- Soil Preparation ~ Rear-tine garden tiller (I have one, but it would require lots of time/patience)
- Planting ~ Simple one row garden planter (Again, I have this one ... see above for requirements)
- Cultivating/Weed Control ~ Rear-tine garden tiller
- Harvesting ~ I've got two hands right and a wagon right?
- Storage ~ Haven't quite figured that one out yet ... open for suggestions ...
Small-Scale :: More Machinery (less time needed)
- Soil Preparation ~ 2-bottom plow (I have this one and plowing might not be a bad idea to take care of some of the brush) ... and then disc/harrow (I don't have a disc ... probably can get a harrow without much trouble)
- Planting ~ 2/4-row planter (Don't have and would need to do some shopping or asking around)
- Cultivating/Weed Control ~ Cultivator (Again, I don't have one ... I would think if I could locate a smaller three-point cultivator it wouldn't cost too much)
- Harvesting ~ Two hands and a wagon still sounds fun, but I know a guy with a two-row picker ... maybe I could work something out
- Storage ~ See above list ...
As you can see the "more machinery" list is also going to be the "more money" list, but is it also the "more practical" list considering a town job and all the other demands of life? I would love some input ... or even leads on equipment ;)