Saturday, August 11, 2007

Finished Fencing...

Well, not exactly totally done ... but we did finish the basic fencing for the pasture. Our 1 to 2 acre pasture now is totally fenced in with cattle panels (because they were free). Even though I haven't decided what to do as far as a solar fencer, I decided to let them out on pasture so they could get to some fresh grass and ditch the hay belly. They loved the opportunity to roam, and I must admit that they look a little bit nicer when they have a nice green pasture as background. I meant to bring the camera for when I finished up my work, but I'll have to take some pictures next time because I walked out the door without it. Hopefully, our steer will start to bulk up a bit and get rid of his bloated hay belly now that he has some access to good grass.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...